Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 6 - PG13 people!!!!!

Well today was another glorious sunny day, the beach (Fjord) in front of my house was full of people and families swimming in the water and having fun. Now these people were swimming without wet suits!!!!! I mean their skin was turing pinker faster than it takes me to get lost! the water was teaming full of little pink marshmallows, it was hilarious to see!

Today was different for me as for most of the day I looked after little Fredric (Sophia's younger brother) he has just turned four months old. Julia (the mother and Sophia had a mom and tots morning, so that left little Fredric and I together at the house for most of the day. The only down side to that was that the new washing machine and Mirco- wave were being delivered to the house and I was the one who had to sign for it, which is easy on it's own. BUT not when the people delivering speak English in a very strong Norwegian accent to the point were I can't even get what they are saying!!! And I am good with accents and understanding people, I don't think he was actually speaking English I think he was attempting a new language because it sounded like Sophia talking her Norwegian (it's just her own made up sounds that she string together) wow that was a challenge but it did make me laugh because it took him like 10min (shame bless his heart) to tell me that the safely clips in the drum had been removed during transportation and that they needed to be placed back in before we used the machine. haha

Then this afternoon around 4 here (so like middle of the day, as the sun only sets at like 11:30pm) I took Sophia down to the beach to play in the water (only our ankles, as we didn't have the suits on, I may act blond a lot but I am not stupid, I promise) We went for a nice long walk along the populated beach (about 500 meters) too look at the seagulls, as it was late in the day for her and she had, had such a busy morning, she wanted me to carry her back to the bike. So i picked her up and carried her all the way back along the heavily populated beach, people were smiling at me, I just thought they where being friendly! On no this is were the PG13 comes in. I was wearing lovely white linen trousers and a really pretty grey v-necked lace trimmed vest top, and no no the trousers did not go see through! I wish.... When I very happily picked Sophia up and carried her along the beach back to her bike she had very innocently pulled down my top and I was happily flashing everyone at the beach the right side of my bra.... and no it wasn't tanned or white it was bright purple so EVERYBODY saw. No wonder everyone was smiling at me... I was giving them more than they bargained for and for free nogal!!!!!
Anyway only when I put her in her bike did I realise and by then it was too late... everyone had got a good look! :(

This evening after i crawled back out of the ground from embarrassment I had another interesting Norwegian dish for supper, and I stupidly found out what it was before hand.... stupid, stupid Sarah. The only reason I found out was because what i thought was yummy haloumi cheese was not. It is called fish pudding (roughly translated into English from Norwegian) it looks like Haloumi and has the same texture and you cook it on the stove in the same way BUT oh ho, it is made up of fish, lots and lots of different types of fish all processed up and made into a smooth block of chewy (like haloumi) fish. Which you eat with grated carrot (I ate a lot of carrot tonight!) But I can say that I have eaten a Norwegian delicacy, just not sure if I will be having it again!

Stay tuned for more Norwegian adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment