Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 10 The World Cup Starts

Well today I woke up with great excitement as it was finally the start of the world cup!

I had Fredric for most of the morning cause Julia and Sophia were out together. Nothing to funny can happen with Fredric as he is only 4months old so was a pretty eventless morning.
After the children had their mid day sleeps, I woke them up and brought them down stairs to my flat and watched the opening ceremony with them, all the time trying to explain to Sophia that, that is where I come from that is my home South Africa! Which she look at me blankly as she is only two and home is a house to here not a place.

While the ceremony was on Fredric was quite happy in his bouncy chair and I had set up Sophia's crafts table with play dough to keep her entertained so I could watch the opening! It was amazing I sat on the couch with Fredric and cried it was so amazing to see SA and all the positivity that is flowing through there at the moment I loved it, only wish I could be there because with my lung capacity I can really blow that Vuvuzela LOUD!!! I would have been such an asset!

After the opening ceremony I played on the easel with Sophia and played with the play dough and then sat down and watched the first full game of football I have ever watched (I know that is terrible but I have never been interested before, sorry) anyway Sophia went out with her Dad so that just left Fredric and I together. When SA scored there goal I got so excited and scream that I gave poor Fredric such a fright that I spent the next 15min shushing him and calming him down. Then when Mexico scored he started laughing so I told him he was supporting the wrong team!

That was my day :)
Stay tuned for the next episode!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment