Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 5 Don't ask questions, if you don't want the answer!!!

I have created a new rule in my life (so to speak) Don't ask what you are eating at/during lunch/supper until you have finished eating! It is just a safer rule to live by otherwise I wouldn't be eating many things!!! As I said before Norway is defiantly expanding my palate! haha

Today was my first Sunday here and it was strange not getting up for church. I really missed LCI this morning and all the people there! But today was another glorious day of sun shine and warm weather. I was really good and went for a 40min run along the Fjord and in the forest next to it, truly picturesque, I enjoyed the view more than I enjoyed the run! While I was running I was blown away by the fact that I am living here and this is my amazing life. I have truly been blessed by all the amazing things that have happened to me.

The family went down to the beach while I was running for a swim. They have wet suits (yes you need a full wet suit to swim in this water it is slightly on the cold side as we are geologically just shy of the Artic circle!) But the exciting thing is they have a wet suit for me, Yay I am so excited I am going swimming next week end! When they told me it honestly made my day. To be able to look at this beautiful Fjord everyday and not been able to swim in it has been really hard! They water just looks so inviting!

We had a barbecue for supper tonight with chops and vienna sausages (which was a first for me) but was really yummy. It is still taking some getting used to not having wors at at braai, as I said palate is growing.

Well that is all for today, nothing to adventurous, gold stars all around for me not rolling/falling out of bed last night :) So smiles all around.
Stay tuned for the next episode of -a day in my amazing life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment