Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 17 - 19 Mid summer :)

Friday was a really good day, I had Frederick for the whole day and Sophia as well in the afternoon. Sophia and Julia went to a indoor play ground/gym here in Stavanger at one of the malls because it was raining and the wind was blowing so hard that it was literally blowing me over, seriously strong, Mary Poppins would have had a serious problem in that wind. So we kept ourselves all warm and snuggled up inside and played here. Sophia is really affectionate it so sweet, all I have to say to her s snuggle time and she come running to me for the biggest snuggle and she always wants more, she has started asking for snuggles:) so precious!

Saturday was the mid summer celebration in Norway and everyone here in Stavanger was having braai's/barbeque's with family and friends. The sun doesn't set at the moment here in Stavanger it gets to a dim dusk stage and then the sun rises again. We had a lovely time at the grandparents house with the entire family coming along. There was salmon and prawns on the braai with burgers, Vienna sausages, steak and vegetables. It was an amazing feast. I drank wine made daisy chains with Sophia and ate fish and burgers and Pavlova for pudding which is my one of my favourite pudding. It was such a beautiful day as well, the wind was a little chillie (understatement it felt like it came straight off a glaciers and considering we are in Norway and there is still snow on the mountains in the middle of summer it probably did come straight off the glacier!)
Anyway like London did, Norway has completely changed my perspective on what is warm. It is amazing at how quickly the body changes to become accustom to the climate in a new place. The temperature here on average during the day is anything between 8- 16 maybe 19 Degrees but as soon as it hits 14 Degrees I am honestly feeling warm like everybody else here and walking around in shorts and a T-shirt. Madness I tell you as before I left South Africa, anything below 24 was Arctic weather!!!! haha how quickly I have changed!

Sunday the day of rest :) Well I am really missing church it is unbelievable, and there aren't any here that I can become a part of! so Sundays can be a little hard but today I went for another run and have finally (and hopefully) got over my competitive side that has to do amazingly in this half Marathon and has realise that completing is going to be amazing and the fact that I am doing it means that I am winning (I know it sounds lame but I have such a competitive streak that I was expecting to much from myself and comparing myself with others) once I got over that it made my run today a lot easier and much more enjoyable.

I really enjoy looking out for the pink and orange jellyfish that are in the Fjord water while I run they are really beautiful and graceful in the water, I could honestly stop and watch them all day if I wanted to. They are moving up my list of favourite animals who would have thought! I have also sent my day reading my books and watching "the Mentalist" so pretty awesome day if you ask me.

Stay tunes for more adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment