Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 14 - Train to Stavanger

The old watch tower of Stavanger
Sophia wanted to take a picture of me :)

The old watch tower of Stavanger


More from the city of Stavanger, looking towards the pond in the city centre




The Cathedral from the side


The Cathedral from the front


The houses with grass on their room, told you they look like hobbit holes :)

Tuesday and what a beautiful sunny day although when the wind was blowing it was a little chilly, but laughing over all my family and friends at home moaning about the cold, when we are at similar temperatures and I am in jeans and a sleeveless top :) haha
This morning Sophia and I took the train into Stavanger to spend the morning. We went to the old Cathedral which was build in 1135 and is one of the oldest cathedrals in the world and is still being used today, it was beautiful. We also walked around the harbour as Sophia liked to look at the big boats (which was all the ferry's to other island/ parts or Norway around the Fjords. We walked, er well I walked and pushed Sophia in her push chair (buggy/ pram, depending where you are in the world) so she had it easy, wow cobble stoned roads and hill that are steeper than Everest I really got a good work out pushing her, which was rewarded with an Ice cream afterwards (mmmmm.... strawberry ice-cream nothing better.) We took the train back and arrived home at about 12:30 when it was lunch and then bed time for her afternoon nap.
This afternoon was more play dough and making birthday card for her grandmother, then she went out with her mom and Frederick and I spent the afternoon together. I have finally found someone who appreciates my singing :) Frederick was crying this afternoon, so I put on my itunes on my computer and preceded to sing "Don't stop believing" from the Glee sound track and Queen Bohemian rapacity. The tears soon disappeared and she was all toothless smiles and giggles, he got upset when ever I stopped singing, it was brilliant. I love to sing and really wish I could (because I can't, when I start singing the dogs start howling and people start running towards their closest exit even if it is just a window)
This evening has been pretty chilled, reading my books but at that point I get to in every book I read of not wanting to stop reading because I am loving it so much, and wanting to put the book in the freezer so that the story will never end! I hate it i never want the books to end, I love escaping into my other world of make believe and adventures sometimes it is more exciting than every day life. Oh well that is the beauty of it being in books, I can return at any time.

Anyway enough of my rambling
Stay tuned for more adventures :)

1 comment:

  1. Number one best comment - Frederic loves my singing, picturing you singing to Glee along with actions - too funny!

    Best spelling error so far - Bohemian rapacity! AHAHAHHAAAH

    ReplyDelete