Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 4- Single is not for everyone!!!!

Well today literally started with a bang, as I rolled right out of my bed and landed on the floor with as much grace as a small hippo! As I said earlier I am having to get used to the life of a single bed, and as a restless sleeper I seriously advise you not to try it at home, honestly single beds should come with a warning label! After that painful wake-up call (and I bruise like a peach so my left arm looks charming!) I promptly well grumbling some choice PG13 words climbed back into bed and fell straight back to sleep :) I mean what else was I ment to do! I wasn't ready to wake up yet!!!!!

I have the weekends off and so I can do as I please on them. This morning I went into Stavanger city as I live in the little village of Vaulen about 10/15min away from the town. Everything is cobble stoned and very very pretty, all the shops display their items on the streets and there are flowers every where. People here take advantage of the summer months as much a possible because the winters here are so harsh. This past winter there was thick snow covering everything for December till the end of March!!!! I am so glad I am here now!

Anywho so I went into the city to get a mobile phone number for while I am here in Norway. If you would like it just send me an email or ask of the book of face :) So I walked around the center of town for a while and then came home. Thank the pope that everyone here (and I mean everyone) speaks perfect English amongst many other European languages so when I get lost I can just stop some one and ask where to go, and they are always more than friendly and helpful to me!

In the mobile phone store I got some true Norwegian men! Rach would have loved it there, so i giggled to myself as I window shopped haha, there were a few potential Mr Salmons around hehe. I must say that Norwegian people have the most amazing blue eyes and the best looking skin (yes I know that sounds weird but they all looked like they have all been air brushed it is so perfect) You do really stand out when you are from a different country, plus they are all tall, so I really don't fit in!

This afternoon/ evening there was a concert on the beach in front of the house so I couldn't go for my run as they were blocking my route (grumble grumble) The only advantage was I got to listen to them from the porch, they spoke to the crowd in Norwegian but sang in English (weird I know) but I enjoyed listening to them cover King of Leon!

That has been my day with it's highs (all the salmons in the sea hehe) and the lows (silly single bed and my ability to roll off it!) all in all a really great day. I have truly been blessed with the most amazing family here, they have been so nice to me and have really made me feel part of the family. I have defiantly landed with my bum in the butter so to speak!

Well till tomorrow have a good day :) and watch out for those single beds, they are out to get you!

1 comment:

  1. haha lots of Mr Salmons! Awesome :) We mees you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete