Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 2










































Well today started bright and early literally! The sun only sets after 11pm and rises at about 3:30am so only about 4 hours darkness at night and it is only the start of "summer" (I say that because the weather this morning was particularly summery but I'll get to that)
In mid summer we are only going to get about an hour to 2 hours of darkness at night, so black out curtains are a must for any of you who are sensitive to light sleepers, me my eyes are closed so there is nothing to see anyway, so the light doesn't bother me :)

I am starting to really understand the term "a picture says a thousand words" because everything is in Norwegian, so when I opened the fridge for breakfast this morning and through out the day, for lunch etc I ate what ever had pictures on it that I liked! Boy am I getting trusting with food, I really am going to be experiencing Norwegian food because I am not entirely sure what I am eating! Take lunch for example I ate what looked and smelt (kind off) like cheese, well it didn't taste like any cheese I have ever eaten before, and I seriously love cheese! So what ever it was it was eatable haha!

Sophia and I (the little girl I look after) went down to the beach in front of our house to play today here is some of the pictures I took :)
As you can see from the photo's it is amazing!!! It also shows ho quickly the weather changes. My word this morning was freezing, I honestly though all my new summer clothes were never going to be worn (which made me a little sad to say the least!) but this afternoon was so hot I was stripping off all the layers and thanking the Lord for the amazing sun.
I honestly feel like I have been dropped into the TV series men in trees because it looks just like it; this pictures I have taken do the Fjords no justice and I have found the most amazing running route along them, seriously I can't do enough running because I am enjoying the view so much.

I know Norwegian people like fish, but I am starting to understand that now. We had a fish stew/soup for supper, Wow they know how to cook fish it was amazing!
This evening was spent unpacking boxes at the new house. I started to pack my kitchen and helped install my new flat screen TV with Sky TV, it is amazing!!!! I have truly been blessed!






No comments:

Post a Comment