Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 11 and 12- The weekend baby... Pulpit Rock :)

Me on the top of Pulpit rock
The View from Pulpit rock
Me at the top
Another look at the Fjord below Pulpit Rock
On top of the world


Looking down on creation....
Halfway up at a small lake on the mountain top

What a view

Looking back at Stavanger in the distance


Before I tell you about my weekend here in Stavager I thought I would give you some more insight in to Norway
1. It is incredibly rude to wear your shoes inside the house here, anybodies house and at any time, shoes stay at the door.
2. you will often come across houses that have grass growing on the roof, yes they do look a bit like hobbit holes but it helps with the insulation.

Well the weekends I have off and I am free to do with them what I like, so on Saturday I slept till noon :) it was amazing (the weather was shocking so when I did wake up a 9 and saw it I rolled over and went back to sleep.) The rest of the day was spent reading my books, watching South Africa thrash France at rugby (I watched it live, streaming through my computer) and then watch the England vs USA football game at night with the family.

Then today, Sunday we all got up bright and early to climb to the top of Pulpit Rock, which is a famous hiking trail here in Stavanger. It was truly amazing, the rugged nature here is out of this world and the photo's I have taken really don't do it any Justice (and it's me so you know there will be loads of photos) I have realised that I am really good and quick at going up mountains. It is the coming down part that, is where I have a problem :) I never realised till today how much my dad has helped me in the past when hiking. He was always there to help me down or catch me when I fell. Well today that job was giving to what ever random stranger was in the closest proximity to me :) haha!!!! I really have to thank all those people who helped me today, from the stout German woman who I landed on that made a very comfortable cushion, to the orange man, who wore way to much self-tan and matched his Orange high-viz jacket! There are many more that helped but those two where the most helpful and memorable!

I have added in some photo's on the hike and from the top of pulpit rock, there are many more (come on it's me) on facebook :)

Stay tuned for more of my adventures










No comments:

Post a Comment