Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Volley ball :)

This past weekend and week there was the world championship volley ball tournament in Stavanger. It was so exciting, the city was super full of people from all over the world, but why do some Americans think that English is called Americana, "sorry Mame do you speak Americana." I replied "No sorry, I speak English" hehe. These are some of the pictures I promised the guys! Here are the Brazilian women. What I must say is that Volley ball is sexist! The woman wear the tiniest bikini's ever and show the world everything and the men wear long shorts and shirts, now where is the fun in that, I was most disappointed.

This was Great Britain Vs Poland, the Polish are in red and white.




More of Brazil :)


The Germans serve, now let me just tell you that they where serving at speeds that are unbelievably fast and dangerous if you get a face plant!!! They where averaging between, 85 and 92km per hour!!!! Hectic hey and there where some face plants (but only to the Americans hehe, you will understand why I don't like the US in this tournament later)




Yay, go NORWAY. In the crowds with my clapper and flag, cheering on the Norwegians. It was a beautiful warm weekend. This day I even got burnt haha, the temp got to a lovely 22 degrees






Yay, Norway :)





Live and I at the game, This was while Norway where beating Spain in the semi finals


The crowed :) it was electric!

The Final match Norway (in the blue vs Germany) The Germans where the hotties but I am living in Norway so have to support them.

Some more of the action at the net


Norway lost the final match against Germany, by 2 points!!!!! But it was such an exciting match h my word!!!!
The Germans being presented their medals and swords for winning (I am in a viking country :) )


The Germans in 1st place, Norway in 2nd and USA in 3rd and boy where USA sore loosers, the guy with the goti got yellow carded for being rude and arguing with the referee! I mean have you ever, he questioned every decision that was made against them.

In the harbour this week where some truly amazing boats and ships. Now the largest I have ever seen is this one the Queen Victoria. She took up the one whole side of the harbour.


This beautiful wooden sail boat was on sale this week, with the Queen Victoria in the background.

Another large Cruise ship

And from behind

No comments:

Post a Comment