Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hermit Crabs and Tea Parties

In the water at Voulen Beach playing with the water looking for shells, snails and Hermit crabs. The water has warmed up a lot since summer has started and here on the beach the water is quite shallow, before you hit the shelf and then it drops over 600m, so you drop something there sorry for you, you aren't getting it back.
Sophia is obsessed, now when I say obsessed I mean OBSESSED with sand, we have a sand pit outside our house and she has to go into it every time we go past it, from digging her fingers through it to building sand castles, we have so much fun :)

She loves this beach because it has hundreds of clam shells every where so there are lots for her to pick up. She was fascinated by the sea snails and hermit crabs, although she was to scared to touch the crab, she was quite content to watch it scuttle all over my hand and arm. The snails where more to her liking when they where in their shell but the second they came out it was "Sarah!!!!!" haha so again I had the snail slithering over my hand while she watched

Here is Phia (sort for Sophia) holding her stone, she loves stones more than sand, and living on the beach there is plenty of both, so I am continually being given more stones to carry for her and to keep while she finds more, and now she has moved onto finding the biggest one she can carry to me, which is not far and then I have to carry the 12 boulders home! My arm muscles are going to be toned I tell you, toned!


Sitting at the beach about to go in the water and so excited because we are about to find shell, stones and play in the sand and sea :)
Dancing time :) Here in my flat I have an iPod stand and it plays my iPod all day and Phia loves it! Here we where having to dance with her stuffed animals. Phia was dancing with Tigger and I was dancing with Monkey.


More dancing and bouncing of Tigger :)


Welcome to our tea party :) our honoured guests where Tigger, Monkey and Peter Rabbit. Sophia loves to have tea parties all the time.


Making sure Tigger gets his tea before it gets cold!


Here Sophia is talking to all our guests and making them feel welcome.









No comments:

Post a Comment