Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 19- 30 oops :) Rainbows and butterflies :)

Well it has been a while and I do apologies but I have had my hands full :) That is what two children under two do to you :) I have been making star and butterfly shaped sandwiches and toast to get Sophia to eat :) although she really enjoyed the peanut butter biscuits we make. There was more flour all over my flat then in the biscuits she looked like a cartoon character that gets all its colour rubbed out :) haha it took me like 2 hours that night to hoover/ vacuum flour out of every where, and I mean every where I have no idea how it got into all those places Wow :)
Well we had the best peanut butter biscuits they were a huge success :) yum yum :) The house has been really full as Julia's (the mother) sister came to stay with us for 5 days with her 9 month old, children every where. The cool thing is that here in the house we have a home sound system that is linked to every room and plays through out the house (you can pick the zone or room it you want) and it picks up every radio station in the world so I have 5fm playing through out the day YAY!!!! I have really missed 5Fm they are the best :)

On Saturday night I went into Stavanger with friends and had supper at the water front (by the main Harbour here at Stavanger city, very beautiful) we had supper at a restaurant called Salza. How I have said that Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world, but let me put it is perspective for you...

So at Salza on Saturday night I had a normal burger and chips nothing fancy and you will soon see why. The exchange rate between the pound at the Krona (Norwegian currency) is roughly the same as the exchange rate between the pound and the rand. So I have naturally started looking at things here not only in Pounds but Rands too. Well are you ready for it my simple burger and chips coast 185 Krona so it is R185 or 18 ponds 50 pence (my silly computer does not have the pound sign :( ) anyway and my diet coke was 39 Krona so R39 haha, I told you it was expensive!
After supper we went to Stavanger cinema to watch Sex in the City 2 and that cost 96 Krona so R96 haha. The nice thing here is the movies are in English and there are Norwegian subtitles at the bottom of the screen, that is why I think everyone English here is amazing. The cool thing is that I can read a little Norwegian and understand a little when they speak really slow as a few words are very similar if not the same to Afrikaans (and I thought I would never used it once I left school, tut tut me)

Well the beaches have been beautiful and full of people, I have been every day pretty much and I am catching a tan Yay :)

Stay tuned for more adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment